Arizona Senior Transitions LLC
Contact Mary J. Hughes, BSW, today for an initial conversation about the
care needs of the senior in your life.
As principal of Arizona Senior Transitions, and in collaboration with a
trusted referral network of health and home care, legal, and fiduciary
professionals, Mary offers a wide range of personalized senior services.
Whether you are seeking high-quality assisted living,or prefer professional
geriatric care management at home, Mary will provide a customized solution
Your senior's plan of care will begin with an assessment that covers a range
of issues relevant to his or her health and living situation, and this
assessment will provide the foundation of all the care management or
assistance that follows.
- crisis intervention;
- communicating with families at a distance;
- arranging for home-care services;
- evaluation, recommendation, and placement in adult daycare, retirement, assisted living, nursing, and hospice environments;
- securing/recommending elder care attorneys;
- geriatric physician referrals;
- taking/accompanying clients to doctor/procedure appointments;
- monitoring drug prescriptions;
- recommending a financial-services expert, licensed fiduciary, or accountant;
- taking clients to hospital emergency departments;
- coordinating/providing general transportation;
- arranging for home modifications and/or repairs;
- planning and arranging for moving/transition;
- helping with funeral arrangements;
- recommending durable medical equipment;
- handling insurance matters;
- helping with Medicare/Medicaid (ALTCS) applications;
- arranging for cleaning/laundry services.
To Request Help or Information, Call 602 672-3095 or
Complete the Form Below
Proudly serving Maricopa County.
Mary J. Hughes, BSW
Arizona Senior Transitions LLC
Geriatric Care Management & Assisted Living Placement
Phone: (602) 672-3095
8311 E. Via de Ventura # 2064
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Mary is a member of the National Association of Social Workers, and adheres to the NASW Code of Ethics. She also is a member of the American Case Management Association and the Case Management Society of America, and is Reptrax credentialed for hospitals in the Valley.
With 7 years of professional experience in geriatric case management, and a degree in social work from the Arizona State University School of Social Work, Mary's assessment skills consistently result in excellent care management, and successful residential placements at appropriate levels of care.
Whether in retirement or assisted living, transitional rehab, home care, memory care or skilled nursing, Mary has developed a deep understanding of the complex needs of older adults, as well as the challenges facing their adult children.
"I have known Ms. Hughes for over 30 years, from the time she was a student in several classes I taught in the School of Social Work at Arizona State University, to the present time. During the years, I have followed her impressive career in both social services and the field of communications. For Mary, working with the aged has not just been a job, it's been a vocation, a calling that she takes very seriously. If I were still her professor and grading her for her work with elders at different levels of service, I would give her an A+."
-Donald F. Fausel, STL, MSW, PhD
Professor Emeritus, Arizona State University
Former Member, Arizona Board of
Behavioral Health Examiners.
About the NCPC
The National Care Planning Council and its affiliated
members are dedicated to helping families recognize the need for long term care planning and to helping
implement that planning. Integrity, honesty, and a genuine concern for those who are in need of (or may need)
long term care are at the heart of our services.