Care Navigators, Inc.
Healthcare has become increasingly complex. Whether you are in the midst of a healthcare crisis or anticipating healthcare needs, Care Navigators is able to help. Experts in geriatric care management, Care Navigators understands healthcare, insurance, and how to cut through the red tape to get what you need.
Care Navigators' RN/Social Worker/Healthcare Advocate team provides care management services for older adults, including in-home assessment; Life Care Plan creation to address legal, financial, medical, and psychosocial concerns; family mediation; long-term care planning/placement; coordination of healthcare services; weekly wellness visits; expert guidance in dementia; advocacy at rehabs/nursing homes/hospitals; advance directives; weekly medication set-up; and crisis intervention. Care Navigators will assess your medical, emotional, financial, and legal needs to develop a personalized plan of care to help you thrive at home or another safe and comfortable setting.
If you need someone to take the lead in your loved one's healthcare plan because you're a long-distance caregiver, are consumed by a demanding career, or are simply overwhelmed, call Care Navigators.
- In-home assessment (financial, legal, medical, psychosocial, safety)
- Evaluation of cost-effective strategies for healthcare needs/medications
- Specialization in Alzheimer's/Dementia
- Life Care Plan (complete individualized recommendations, including medical, legal, financial, home safety, resources in community, facility placement, referrals to multiple companies for in-home support)
- Public aid/disability applications and filing with appropriate fiscal documentation
- Clinical recommendations/oversight
- Evaluation of medications and medication adjustments
- Ongoing medication set-up/management
- Wound care (including ongoing)
- Assistance with Medicare D
- Senior housing placements and relocations
- Guardianship assistance
- Advocacy at rehabs/hospitals and assistance with transitioning home safely
- Prevention of readmission to hospital (rehab/hospital to home program)
- Advocacy at MD offices
- Advocacy at L-Tach
- Advocacy at nursing home
- Caregiver hiring (assessment of hours, interviewing companies with family)
- Monthly Monitoring (1-hour visit once/week) to monitor vitals, set up medications, go to MD appointments, mediate with family, perform MMSE [mini mental exams], work with caregiver agency staff to ensure family/caregiver are aligned with care plan, etc.)
- Family consultation/mediation
- Complex cases where no family is involved and client needs assistance with coordination of all care/home management
- Referrals to all services the client needs (skilled home care, non-skilled home care, durable medical equipment, counseling, MD, rehab)
- Assessment and assistance with touring and placement to nursing home, memory care, supportive living, assisted living
- Crisis intervention and recommendations
- Coordination of all home care services
- Long term care planning (included in Life Care Plan; mini plan available)
- Liaison to long-distance families
- Home safety evaluation and recommendations for home
- Coordination/communication with physician/family/specialists
- Review of financial/medical/legal issues with referrals to appropriate agencies
- Assistance with paying bills
- Preparation of documented health history/medication list for MDs
- Education on Advance Directives
- Provision of community resources/set-up of Emergency Response System (Lifeline)
- Depression screening
- Clinical oversight by RN
- Wellness visits
- Review of long term care insurance for benefits
- Evaluation and set-up of durable medical equipment
- Assistance with/appeals of EOBs
Request Help or Information by filling out the form below
Proudly serving Illinois and Wisconsin.
Jean Llamas MSN, RN, CCM, ACM
Care Navigators, Inc.
Phone: (847) 250-1829
Fax: (847) 669-5941
P.O. Box 7814 | Algonquin, IL 60102
A geriatric care manager is a professional who evaluates, advises, and guides older adults and their families through the maze of healthcare services and options. Geriatric care managers are licensed professionals, primarily social workers and nurses, with extensive training and experience assisting individuals and their families with healthcare and wellness issues. Care managers have solid healthcare experience, industry contacts, and knowledge of public and private services in the community. Care managers are thoughtful listeners and creative problem solvers.
Care Navigators, Inc. is a private older adult care management company owned and operated by Jean Llamas RN, MSN, CCM, ACM, a master's prepared dual Certified Care Manager with over 20 years of experience in healthcare.
Jean's professional experience consists of hospital nursing, private duty nursing, skilled home health, evaluation for durable medical equipment, utilization management, insurance case management, and inpatient care management.
It was very comforting to my family to realize that even though we all were many miles away, Dad was being vigilantly looked after by you and your team. In addition to advocates, you truly did function as local family for my dad during his final months. While Dad was distressed at his decline, it’s comforting to know that he experienced many good times with you during his final months. We could not have done it without your help.
- Jeanne H.
My parents were relocating from Florida back home to the Chicago area. It was very difficult for us (their sons) to learn all we needed to learn in order to find them a quality/safe/affordable new place to live. After many weeks of trying on our own, we were advised to contact Care Navigators. With Jean’s help, we were given extensive information about a number of places we were not able to find on our own. Within weeks we had three wonderful places from which to choose and our final selection was the perfect fit for my parents and those of us who will be helping them. We can’t thank Care Navigators enough!! P.S. The modest fee we paid for this help was easily offset by the savings we’ll experience not having made the wrong choice or a more expensive place than we needed.
- Paul M.
This past fall, my 77 year old father had to undergo major surgery in another state. I was fortunate enough to have Jean Lamas as a friend and consultant as we aided my Dad and my Mom through the difficult process of pre-op, the surgery, the hospital stay and the post-op stage. Being informed and supported with the knowledge that Jean provided us made a huge difference to my Dad's care as well as the peace of mind for my Mom, siblings, and me. As we went through this journey, I had to shake my head a few times because everything that Jean told me to expect actually came to fruition. There were so many issues and instances, but I will cite just one. After the surgery, we were anxious to meet with a home care coordinator to set up in-home services after his release. Jean had warned me not to become frustrated if I could not meet right away with the appropriate person- they are very busy- and to be calm but persistent until I was able to meet and help setup after care for my Dad. Had I not known this, I would have become more frustrated than I even was, because I was prepared for that part of the process. Jean is a wealth of information re: coverage with insurance and Medicare. I truly believe that consulting with her helped my family and me on many levels at this challenging time in our lives. Thanks Jean!
- Deb A.
About the NCPC
The National Care Planning Council and its affiliated
members are dedicated to helping families recognize the need for long term care planning and to helping
implement that planning. Integrity, honesty, and a genuine concern for those who are in need of (or may need)
long term care are at the heart of our services.