The Dementia Specialist
Hello, I'm Kathy Adkins, Kansas' only certified dementia practitioner instructor. Over my 40+ year career in health care I have dedicated myself to finding and applying the newest and best methods to cope with, and yes even prevent, dementia. This is what I do.
You don't have to feel hopeless
From thousands of hours of research studies and decades of hands-on learning, I can share modern coping strategies for all who are touched by dementia, from professionals to family and friends.
What I do
- I teach classes, including online, for health care providers that wish to become Certified Dementia Practitioners. As Kansas' only certified CDP instructor, I hold classes monthly throughout the state.
- I meet with families, one-on-one in their homes, who are trying to care for their love one with dementia. Caring for a person with dementia in the home is incredibly frustrating, exhausting, and endlessly tiring. I can help.
- I educate the public to understand there's proactive measures to prevent dementia, and there's someone in their area to help if they need it.
- I work with long-term care facilities to provide better care and improve state survey results.
- I am the only Certified First Responder Dementia Trainer in Wichita and the state of Kansas.