We are Care Managers
OU Nursing - Life Stage Solutions is a group of healthcare professionals who assist families caring for seniors or persons of all ages with disabilities. We become the "professional relative" who can guide families as they navigate the complex information and choices related to living arrangements, healthcare and supportive services.
Our Mission is to promote independent living, safety and quality of life.
What is a Care Manager?
The Care Manager has specialized knowledge and expertise in caring for older adults and others who have chronic needs, including those suffering from Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson's or exhibiting symptoms of dementia or other disabling conditions.
Benefits of Using a Care Manager:
- Personalized, respectful care
- Coordinated care and communications
- Prevent unnecessary hospitalizations and duplicate services
- Economic savings
Care Management Functions:
- Prevent unnecessary services or treatment
- Evaluate an individual’s safety and ability to live independently at home
- Obtain appropriate medical care
- Secure necessary medical supplies and equipment
- Obtain home care nursing services
- Obtain assistance with homemaking and personal care needs such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Obtain assistance with running of errands
- Coordinate health care service delivery and necessary medical follow-up
- Arrange for transportation to and from doctor appointments