Age In Place Texas
My name is Kayla and I am a nurse, care navigator, elder care consultant. I have been a caregiver since I was a young girl. I would spend time with my Granny and Grandma as often as possible and support them in their daily activities. I have guided my parents in making life transitioning decisions in my grandparents' care as well. This is one of the many reasons why I choose to specialize in care management, care navigation and transitional care for the elders in our community.
I understand elder care on the personal side, the family side and the business side.
I work with long distance family caregivers caring for their loved ones who are retired executives as well as families in the sandwich generation who do not want the stress of family caregiving but WANT to see their loved one thrive in the place they know by heart... their home, on their own terms regardless of their medical diagnosis.
Every day, every hour, all year long, we provide and support families in the greatest act of love that we call caregiving.
We serve the following five groups of people
- We serve older adults who want supportive living services DELIVERED INTO the place they know by heart….their home so they can continue to live at home for as long as possible.
- We serve the adult children (some in the sandwich generation) of the older adults who want to remain in the home.
- We serve the social workers, case managers and discharge planners in offering options and solutions for their patients. We will go to the care settings 7 days a week to meet and design care options.
- We serve long distance family caregivers with nurse navigators, care management and care coordination services.
- We serve the public by offering a free caregiving and learning resources portal to make the complex and fragmented information simplified and useful with practical solutions that can be used on the spot.
Here is why I enjoy such a fine reputation
I am a daughter, a sister, a friend, a nurse, and a council member of the Elder Care Planning Council of Texas. My personal and core values are popularly known as i.C.A.R.E.
OUR STAFF INCLUDES: Nurse Navigators, Transitional Care Managers, Certified Nursing Assistants, Concierge Life Enhancement Caregivers, and Personal Assistants
We help older adults with just about everything. Here are a few examples of the kinds of things we do:
We provide transitional care management to a gentleman that is a nurse that has experienced multiple strokes, has a degenerative eye condition and has deconditioned during his hospital stay. We coordinate with the case worker, physical therapist, occupational therapist and speech therapist to ensure his care plan leads him on a successful road to recovery. Once home, we provide a care coordinator that will follow a personalized care plan that promotes wellness and healing.
There is a daughter who has a thriving bakery and needs a caregiver to support her and her family in caring for her mother. Her mother has the will to live her life fully and medical diagnosis makes that difficult. Because this family is out of state we were able to find her an independent caregiver that is able to be with her mother during business hours.
2 times a week, we go into the home of a former nurse who has multiple ailments that affect her mobility. We help her with his exercises, grooming, pour out his medicines from a pill box, and massaging her hands and legs to help her aching joints.