Requirement for Society Membership
1. Member must have the CLRP Designation
2. Member will maintain a monthly subscription to the Life Resource Planning Software System – $19 a month for the production of an unlimited number of planning reports
3. Member agrees to use the LRP System to produce planning Reports for Life Resource Planning clients.
4. Member signs and agrees to abide by a membership agreement.
A New Society Member Signs an Agreement Containing the Following Elements
1. Agree to follow certain rules in the public use of the Society logo, the certification ("Certified in Life Resource Planning"), the designation acronym (CLRP) and the disclosure of membership in the Society
2. Agree to abide by certain rules of ethical conduct
3. Agree that the Life Resource Planning Process and use of the Designation and Membership in the Society are not to be used for the sole purpose of selling products or services unless the client specifically understands that products or services might be offered outside of the planning process.
4. Agree that if the Life Resource Planning process results in the sale of products or services the member will provide disclosure to the client that the purpose of the planning was not primarily to provide a sale for products or services, that member business referrals to others will make additional income from commissions or service fees, and that , if applicable, suitable products or services are available from other sources and the client is not obligated to use the products or services.
Rules Governing the Use of CLRP and Recognition by the Society
1. With the exception of the advertising rule below the designation acronym (CLRP), certification statement ("Certified in Life Resource Planning,") the Society logo and disclosure of membership in the Society can be used on business cards and in business literature or on the websites of members where it is allowed by government rules or allowed through the business or professional organization affiliation of the member
2. The designation acronym, the certification statement, the Society logo and advertising of membership in the Society cannot be used in a way that implies this designation endows any additional expertise – other than the presentation of Life Resource Plans – for the person displaying this information in addition to the expertise that person already possesses
3. The designation acronym, the certification statement, the Society logo and advertising of membership in the Society cannot be used in a way that it appears the Society endorses the business or the non-planning activities of the person having this recognition
4. Media promotion – using electronic media, advertising, brochures or other forms of public communication – of the designation acronym , the certification statement, the logo and advertising of membership in the Society must include an explanation as to its meaning; which is the person so recognized as a member of the Society for Life Resource Planning has "received training to present Life Resource Plans for the purpose of assisting planning clients recognize issues to be encountered through the aging process."
Special Advertising Rule
A member of the Society for Life Resource Planning shall not use any form of media to advertise his or her recognition in the Society when the media content or the advertisement includes any form of communication designed to promote, solicit or sell any form of financial product even if the communication does not specifically mention financial products.
"Media" means business cards, brochures, letters, newsletters, mailers, newspapers, magazines, slide show presentations, video presentations, radio, television, emails, websites, Internet social media, billboards or any other like-type of means of communicating a message with the public
"Recognition" means using any form of media to communicate any one or all of the following
1. Membership in the Society for Life Resource Planning
2. Placement of the Society logo
3. Placement of the acronym – CLRP
4. Use of the phrase "certified in Life Resource Planning" or any combination or extract of these words or the use of other similar words that would indicate an expertise in a planning process for aging seniors
"Financial Product" means insurance products, investment products, financial arrangements or any other type of product that promises a monetary return to an individual who commits his or her funds, his or her income or who signs a loan agreement as part of the arrangement "Advertise" means a written or oral communication designed to promote, solicit or sell a product or service