$185.00* - FREE Shipping
Updated on January 1, 2021
"Understanding VA Disability Law for Maintaining Accreditation"
ONLINE & Flash Drive | 3 Hours
Includes 2022 "How to Apply" Book w/ a Claim Support Flash Drive
The Online Video Course link will be emailed to you immediately after purchase. The Flash Drive(s), Certificate of Completion, and Book will ship via mail.
Read Course Reviews | Compare our Course to Others
* 1 course per user. Volume discounts available for additional courses or course certificates. Please contact us to discuss.
CLE | Authority | Samples | State CLE | Annual Certificate
This new Continuing Legal Education Course (updated in January, 2021) is approved by numerous state bar associations and meets qualification requirements under 38 C.F.R. § 14.629. It will satisfy the mandated first year CLE requirements or any ongoing CLE on veterans law and procedures required every two years.
State MCLE Credits*
This course, along with qualifying nationwide to satisfy VA's CLE requirements, is also pre-approved for state CLE credits in California (3 credits), Florida (4 credits), Georgia (3 credits), Illinois (3 credits), Nevada (3 credits), Ohio (3 credits), and Washington (3 credits).
*Must be submitted within 30 days of purchase.
What You Get with this Course and what Makes this Course Better than other Courses
- The most comprehensive textbook ever produced, How to Apply for Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits for Veterans and Their Survivors (2022 Edition), on how to apply for disability benefits and how to win appeals.
State Bar CLE Credits in pre-approved states and instructions on how to obtain credit in states that have not pre-approved our course
An online and flash drive video presentation that educates by providing useful instructions and strategies instead of just informing
PDF versions of the detailed video slides for reviewing and understanding concepts
Up-to-date details on all of the major changes in the rules to include textbook instruction on the new rules for Pension with aid and attendance and the new process for unfavorable decisions and appeals under the Appeals Modernization Act
Step-by-step instructions on filing successful claims and a unique method for winning more appeals to include all of the necessary forms and support evidence
A pre-printed "Certificate of Completion" with detailed instructions for submission to simplify and safeguard your notifying the Office of General Counsel of your completed training
Future follow-up from our staff to remind you of submitting your yearly VA good standing certification and also notifying you of your next anniversary for CLE training
A claim support flash drive. This content-rich drive comes with the textbook. The contents are also available online and are updated on a regular basis with new forms and instructions to keep you up-to-date. The flash drive contains: 184 different application forms, surveys and checklists for application or appeal for all benefits; current rate tables for all benefits; over 3,500 pages of adjudication manual M 21-1; 980 pages of pertinent excerpts from Title 38 CFR; instructions on charging fees; thousands of pages of reference material on all veterans benefits; and 5 case studies to help you understand the claims and appeals process
Detailed information on how to legally charge fees and opportunity for you to call or email with specific claims questions
Video Course Outline
- Module 1 - Instructions for Using This Course to Maintain Accreditation - 9 minutes (see sample slides)
- Module 2 - Understanding the Authority for Representation before VA - 21 minutes (see sample slides)
- Module 3 - Understanding Eligibility and the New Claims Process for Disability Benefits - 34 minutes (see sample slides)
- Module 4 - Understanding Disability Compensation and How to Apply - 60 minutes (see sample slides)
- Module 5 - Understanding DIC and How to Apply - 21 minutes (see sample slides)
- Module 6 - Understanding Pension with Aid and Attendance and How to Apply - 53 minutes (see sample slides)
- Module 7 - Understanding the Modernized Review System - 40 minutes (see sample slides)